It is also the number of counts of premeditated murder which a former student, Nikolas Cruz, was charged after he legally purchased the semi-automatic AR-15 rifle he used in his six-minute murder spree, before putting it down and hurriedly walking out of “Building 12” with the fleeing students.
Seventeen is the average number of years of limited life-experience of gun-control-minded student-activists David Hogg, Emma Gonzalez, Cameron Kasky, and the others being sponsored by left-leaning news media and activist organizations funded by socialist-billionaire George Soros.
It is also the number of years since 2977 lives were lost in the Twin Towers attack on September 11, 2001, and the rise of militant Islam, both of which has cheapened the perceived value of human life in our modern “culture of death.”
With approximately 900 abortions performed EVERY DAY by Planned Parenthood (323,999 reported abortions by PP in 2014), seventeen is also the number of years in which five and one half million human fetuses* will currently be intentionally killed with tax-payer funding in our “the land of the free and the home of the brave.”
Perhaps, the real horror in the murdering of those potential-filled young students in Parkland started with these abortions statistics. Here were seventeen human lives which were not aborted by Planned Parenthood in 2001. Yet, the selfish, amoral “culture of death,” in which Planned Parenthood participates and perpetuates, culminated with their deaths, just the same. May God help us!
* This information is also accessible at www.usabortionclock.org
There is a lot of argument about “When does life begin?” It would seem to be pretty hard for anyone to argue that a baby at 16 weeks gestation “is just a blob of tissue” based on what the scientific community knows today about the development of a baby at 16 weeks:
– The body is human DNA and fully formed; the fingers and toes have fingerprints & nails.
– It is about 5 inches long and weighs about 3 ounces—the size of a large avocado.
– The baby is moving about: he or she may grasp for the umbilical cord, suck it’s thumb and is capable of making facial expressions and kicking at the amniotic sac.
– The heart, circulatory system, and the urinary tract are fully functioning and the blood is pumping through these tiny veins.
– The baby is inhaling and exhaling the amniotic fluid through the lungs.
-The eyes are in the proper position, and the baby can see straight ahead & blink his/her eyelids.
– The genitals have formed. In the case of a girl, the uterus has already developed and the ovaries are in the proper place.