God’s will for our lives is often discerned as we pray and read His word. Where there is no clear command in Scripture or cultural standard observed by mature believers around us, we are free to live in Christian liberty.
Consider these categories and questions for Christian Living:
- PROFIT: Is it good for me? Will it add a plus quality to my life?
- CONTROL: Will it get control of me, or will it lessen Christ’s control of me?
- OWNERSHIP: As God’s property, can I justify this activity?
- INFLUENCE: Could this action negatively influence any of my friends?
- TESTIMONY: How will my testimony be affected if I participate in this activity?
- THANKSGIVING: When I come home from this activity, can I thank God for it with a clear conscience?
Based on your prayerful consideration of these categories and questions, you can develop personal convictions for a life-style that will be pleasing to God.